ARTIFICIAL TURF FIELDS require special care and attention and have rules that will contribute to their longevity. For these fields: Mission 15, COYSA Soccer Facility, KU Prospera Mission (beside H20), KU Rutland (behind RSS) (bubble covers on part of the year) and UBCO's Nonis field, please note:
No Food, Gum or Beverages (other than WATER) are allowed on the field surfaces.
No spitting on the field.
No items may be spiked / pressed into the turf (eg corner flags, tents etc).
Spectators are not to be on the field at any time.
For COYSA's Soccer Facility please see information below field layouts.
Especially note only water is allowed, no food at all and spectators are to remain outside the fencing.
Parking for the field is in the lot between Rutland Middle and Rutland Senior schools.
Actual address is 705 Rutland Road N
Quick look at addresses/description of fields:
Glenmore Recreation Park
U7/8 Rutland 1A / 1B
U7/8 SKC (South Kelowna Centennial)
COYSA SOCCER FACILITY RULES AND POLICIES
All organized group events or activities must be scheduled through COYSA.
Please be mindful of the neighbors and note balls going over the fence at the north end will not be returned.
Report damage to fences or field by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For lighting issues text 250-575-7571. In case of emergency or injury call 911.
Use of this Facility and amenities are at your own risk.
30 day notice required for any booking changes.
To ensure a safe and well-maintained facility, the following articles and activities are PROHIBITED in ALL Facility areas:
- Glass of any type
- Alcoholic beverages
- Smoking and use of smokeless tobacco products
- Skateboarding, biking, and in-line skating
- All food and beverage products, except water, including gum and shelled seeds or nuts
- Sharp objects such as tent stakes, corner flags, and poles that may penetrate or damage the turf
- Chairs or benches (these items may puncture the turf or cause damage)
- Portable heater and any open flame
- Metal cleats or high heeled shoes
- Dogs or Other Pets
- Any golfing or throwing activities such as hammer, shot, discus or javelin.
- Suntan lotions, oils or creams of any kind - Please apply sunblock prior to entering the turf area.
The following are APPRECIATED from all users:
- Always Lift and Carry (DO NOT DRAG) Goals and Equipment,
- Please deposit all trash in trash receptacles
TURF FIELD USER’S RESPONSIBILITIES:
The turf is not regenerated like natural grass so anything left on the turf remains there, posing health and safety hazards as well as general degradation of the turf.
Please clean up after your activity!!!
- You are responsible to leave the field clean and ready for the next user. Please inspect the field and remove anything left by your players or spectators, such as trash, athletic tape, or equipment.
- Cleaning spills and participant fluids: Spills of foreign substances should be removed as quickly as possible. Thoroughly rinse any cleaning attempts to avoid slippery areas that could result in injury. Contact COYSA to report any incidents.
- In the event that a user has left the fields without cleaning up or has allowed sunflower seeds and/or gum onto the field turf, a cleaning fee will be charged. This will be based on the cost of cleanup from a contractor.
- For obvious reasons, please encourage your players to avoid spitting on the turf.
- Notify COYSA if any areas of the turf are damaged or deficient.
- 30 day notice required for any booking changes.
PROTECT THE TURF FROM PHYSICAL DAMAGE
The Field Turf is a composite system consisting of synthetic grass fibres sewn into a mat. Between the fibres is a 1 ½ inch layer of small rubber pellets (infill). The rubber infill makes the grass stand up and is also the critical cushion between the player and the base beneath the mat. Foreign objects pose physical risks to the turf fibres, the mat, and the rubber infill.
- Footwear is restricted to molded cleats (max 1/2"), turf shoes, or other soled athletic shoes such as cross-trainers or running shoes. Metal cleats or spikes are prohibited.
- Protect the turf surface from sharp or pointed edges of objects or equipment placed on the field.
- When goals or other equipment are moved, they should be picked up off the turf. Dragging goals will damage the turf.
- Allow no sharp objects that would penetrate the turf.
- Motorized vehicles are not permitted on the turf (except approved maintenance vehicles).
- All Physical Damage caused by negligence of the user will be charged to the user.
Also CLICK HERE